SOLD Citric Acid

Sasha T

Website
www.instagram.com
I've seen posts and videos here and off site pointing out that using a vinegar+RODI solution to clean powerheads can warp and destroy magnets and/or their housing, and citric acid is recommended as an equipment safe alternative.

Vinegar will damage pump magnets. I learned the hard way when I first got in the hobby.
I typically use citric acid for all cleaning

I'm wondering which brands and what locations people are using to purchase it and what people's experience with it has been?

Sasha T

Website
www.instagram.com
Any citric acid will work, I just get mine from the grocery store; powder form.

I've poked around with the online listings for Loblaws, RCSS, and Shoppers and none of them list "citric acid" as being available instore. I figured if I could get a line on a store that someone knows sells it I could save myself some footwork.

Copperkills

I've poked around with the online listings for Loblaws, RCSS, and Shoppers and none of them list "citric acid" as being available instore. I figured if I could get a line on a store that someone knows sells it I could save myself some footwork.
I just walked across the street to Metro and found the powder in the baking aisle. It’s used in glazes and for canning.

Sasha T

Website
www.instagram.com
Checked 4 different stores, all of them (Loblaws, Metro, Shoppers) either didn't carry it or had it discontinued, pretty much exactly what I was looking to avoid. Found in a Bulk Barrel in Westmount mall, 6.99/lb.