Clown fish acting, NEED HELP BADD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmonker

Hey guys, basically i upgrade everything from my 40g over to my new 112gal, i had one clown fish, he was acting weird gasping for air going in weird spots, then i bought two more clowns n they started doing the same shit, i have no idea whats going on in the tank,fish are startinng to fade in some spots on there body???? NEED HELLPPP!!!

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Stress. Keep hands out of tank n let fish settle. I had two clown fish at one time. One wad stressed n died. The other was fine. Make sure water params are good and identical to your 40 gal before the switch. Salinity and oh and temp will stress them out big time.

S

shayneh

The first question I have is why would you add more fish when the first one wasn't doing so hot?

Is there enough water movement to aid in O2 exchange?
Where did your water come from?
What are you paramaters and have your kits expired? Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Phosphate

S

shayneh

Could also be a sign of stray voltage however unlikely! I'm just willing to bet you dumped the fish into a toxic environment be it ammonia or nitrite. If you teansferred over any substrate or disturbed the old sandbed it is also possible you opened up a nice pocket of sulphur dioxide (SO2) which is also toxic. 

Kleko

I was worried about the exact same thing. my clown always does somethign out of the ordinary after I re-arange something, or take him out of his tank. just give them some time without doign anything. thats what worked for me

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
i agree that sounds like a toxic environment, you should of solved it first before adding more livestock in my opinion,you have anything plastic in there?other foreign material?what kind of plumbing?lines?home made tank?silcone ?so many possibilities,any chance you have a quarantine tank up and running?id try to move the fish to a known for sure safe environment if you have one,let the fish settle in,then in the meantime figure out whats going on in that 112,cleaned the new tank with?

P

phi delt reefer

whats your ammonia levels... fish are pretty tolerant of other levels - corals are more finiky with phosphates/nitrates, etc.

start running carbon and doing water changes - 25% daily to dilute whatever is affecting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.