Clown fish spawning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
huva6uqu.jpg

ehyby7aq.jpg

Was fairly excited to find my clown fish laid eggs!!

u7e6ezy4.jpg

Thought I would share some pics.guess that means there a mates pair and are happy eh? :)

Any thoughts on what to do? I could always raise them if that's possible. I have the space and time.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
nice, you can call them a breeding pair, that's one up from a mated pair. congrats. that's neat.

AdamS

I have never bred clownfish, but i have read a lot about it. My take is that if you are not seriously prepared with proper equipment and lots of time, then dont bother trying. If they are breeding they should breed every couple of weeks, i wouldnt jump into anything too quick.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Brandon link said:
Ok thanks pulp... Good read... Ill stop by the lfs today and see if he has live rotifers ... I doubt it though :/ does anyone else have a culture going?

That site isn't anything but someones way to direct traffic to their ads.. I don't want to start a fight again. but that site is fake.

check out Marine Ornamental Fish & Invertebrate Breeders  @ http://www.marinebreeder.org/forums/
and Marine Breeders initiative @ http://www.mbisite.org/Forums/

Pretty much everyone in the breeding world is involved in those 2 sites.. If you want to raise clowns theres many detailed first had accounts and following the leads of the pros would be the way to go. Most wait for the 3rd or 4th clutch to attempt raising them also, that gives you some time to get rotifers going and by then there will be many more viable eggs.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Petercar link said:
Or take a drive across the bridge and go see fishtal hes a succesfull breeder in michigan  yu can find all his stuff and pics in the michigan forums

you can also follow his progress and check out all his stuff and pictures from a breeders standpoint on both of those 2 sites I posted above.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
i see we are at the foot of the master again,i don't know much about the rearing of clown-fish but after a little research i didn't see much difference from other info published at other sites including the 2 others posted,i also failed to see and redirect to other products or such, as that was the intention of the site was to give some general information and i thought it did so very clearly

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
pulpfiction1 link said:
i see we are at the foot of the master again,i don't know much about the rearing of clown-fish but after a little research i didn't see much difference from other info published at other sites including the 2 others posted,i also failed to see and redirect to other products or such, as that was the intention of the site was to give some general information and i thought it did so very clearly

No worries its people like you that are lining that site owners pockets and also my own.. I run more than a few of those identical sites.. Ranging in topics from Home renovations to backpacking in Europe.. its just regurgitated information designed to get google to page rank your page higher.. and direct traffic to them for the sole purpose of getting those ads viewed and clicked on that site, If you cant see that on your own.. I don't know what to tell u.. As far as comparing that site with the 2 others I posted... well there just isn't anything to compare.

Maybe we can keep this on topic for Brandon and stop with the childish comments  ;D

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
eggs hatched two days ago, all died obviously, but tonight i see there is a whole new batch
these guys are very active!

nitro069

thats awesome brandon. have your clowns become more aggressive or territorial since they started spawning?? i know mine have and my clown just hates my hippo tang. one of them may have to go :(

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
They nip at some of the fish if they come close but I don't have many in the tank, 5 or so, and nothing more than 3" long... So far I have no reason to be concerned, but they don't like my hand near the eggs :p

Status
Not open for further replies.