Clown Might Be Laying Eggs

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Onyx Clown might be laying eggs. Wife wants to do the nobble thing and look into breeding now apparently. I need a quick how to to show her and feeding set up etc. I will be traveling north for work Sunday night and can pick up supplies possibly. I have read some of the basics in the past, and will be reading up in depth starting tomorrow night as I am heading to bed now and going to Ripley's tomorrow morning. Any personal experience/advice and/or supplies would be appreciated. I have a 10gal tank and can tie it into my main system, so mostly need the feeding supplies etc etc. Sorry for the confusing post, but less 4 hours sleep in 2 days...not all that coherent.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Cool, you may want to touch base with Yvette and do a read on hatching brine shrimp if you get the eggs to hatch ! best of luck with them ;)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Propagating my own food is what I need to look into, and how to get started, where to purchase etc. Was hoping someone here had done it and could link some sites on where to get stuff. Looks like I am spending the night reading. Coffee is on, laptop battery is topped off. A little exhausted from getting up at 6 am and spending the day at Ripleys, but it will give me something to do while the wife chats with my mother-in-law who is here for a few days.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I did read how to tell when they are going to hatch and how to move them at that point. But oOnce/if they lay eggs in my DT, can I turkey baster them out and move them then? Or should we try placing a disk in to see if they lay eggs on it? Not looking to do a full breeding set up right now, but possibly in the coming weeks I am told lol, but would be nice to see what happens here.

Last edited:

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
id just watch,make sure eggs are laid,they will defend them,those onyx picasso clowns should produce excellent
offspring.if they hatch is what id like to watch for before moving on to setting up anything and i wouldnt move the fish as you risk they might not lay eggs again ,there was someone here that had sucess and i do believe it was yvette,there was tons of stuff in either the library or the breeding area
heres hoping for ya
good luck!

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I have read that if you move them, it can take up to 3 months for them to try again as they will be scared and not feel safe. There is lots of info out there. just trying to get things in line atm.

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
I haven't raised any Clowns but of course have hatched out tons of Brine shrimp. I ordered my Brine shrimp eggs form Pets and Ponds as they have the large container of eggs. I have responded to your pm Mark in case you are reading this one.