clownfish breeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I got a pair yesterday from reeffreak. They are Ocellaris clowns. Not overly worried about getting them to breed, just love the idea of a pair.

R

reeffreak

teebone110 link said:
So any updates? Has anyone set up a system or working with any breeding pairs?

I am in the middle of setting up my  system , Im planning on having 5 pairs . Im in the process of getting my pairs right now and will be puttin them in 15 g tanks by themselves and a flower pot .

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
This is my pair, they are settling in nicely. I will prob get a black and white pair for frag tank as my little sister loves the movie.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Nope not yet. Got some cyclopeeze and reef roids yesterday, fed it once so far.

R

reeffreak

teebone110 link said:
Looking good guys! Hey reeffreak, what which types are you planning on getting? Also post some pics of your breeder system.

I have been contemplating breeding some clowns as well.

I plan on breeding picassos , onyx ,black ice , b&w occ , what ever others i can get ahold of , I will put picks up later , I might shut down the idea of breeding if theres 10 people on here who are going to start.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
reeffreak link said:
[quote author=teebone110 link=topic=2452.msg21481#msg21481 date=1339383319]
Looking good guys! Hey reeffreak, what which types are you planning on getting? Also post some pics of your breeder system.

I plan on breeding picassos , onyx ,black ice , b&w occ , what ever others i can get ahold of , I will put picks up later , I might shut down the idea of breeding if theres 10 people on here who are going to start.
[/quote]

Do you have your system set up yet? I would be interested in seeing how you designed it.
I think it great that there is some interest in breeding locally. The more people doing it, the more opportunity to learn and share successes and techniques. If people stay interested in breeding for a while, there would also be opportunities to trade breeding pairs or offspring, etc. :D

R

reeffreak

teebone110 link said:
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=2452.msg21485#msg21485 date=1339421531]
[quote author=teebone110 link=topic=2452.msg21481#msg21481 date=1339383319]

[/quote]

Do you have your system set up yet? I would be interested in seeing how you designed it.
I think it great that there is some interest in breeding locally. The more people doing it, the more opportunity to learn and share successes and techniques. If people stay interested in breeding for a while, there would also be opportunities to trade breeding pairs or offspring, etc. :D
[/quote]

its not 100% set-up I drilled  my 15 g tanks the other day , building a stand today and need to find a small sump then Im just taking water out of the frag system to fill it all up , so should have it up and running by the end of the week , I have to pick up a snowflake and black and white pair from copperkills at the end of the month also .
I agree with what you said about all the breeders but theres a downfall to it aswell depending on why your breeding just to try it out or to actually make a little profit . Plus 4 guys breeding the same pair of clowns within an hour distance just turns me right off of the idea . It would be nice if we all had different pairs then the idea of trading would work but that only works if were not all trying the same type .

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
R

reeffreak

I will not spend anymore then $300 for a pair , Im going to pick up a pair of black ice next week , also may pick up 2 pairs of picasso ones set breeding one set just paired . Problem with finding clowns inOntario is everyone wants those insane ass prices $900 that really is a joke , I will gaurentee they wont sell . someone can buy 2 juv and pair them and save $750 might take a bit longer but really I will wait it outand save  750 lol .

I will start a thread on my breedr build later , im not running breeders and fry on the same system . So for now I will justhave the breeder set-up till I see eggs then I will drill the rest of my tanks and go from there .

J

jones02

900 for a pair of platinums is crazy!! There's a guy here selling a pair for 350 lol cheaper then a LFS sells them as juvies.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
in michigan if you google fishtal you'll find a guy who breeds tonnes of clowns very well and he's less than an hours drive from the border.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Duke link said:
in michigan if you google fishtal you'll find a guy who breeds tonnes of clowns very well and he's less than an hours drive from the border.

Yeah, I have been in contact with Tal, he has an awesome breeder setup! He also made me aware of the upcoming Marine Breeder Initiative conference on July28 in Michigan. It would probably be a good place to network with other breeders too.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
agree, fishtal is the guy i got the outdoor pod cultivating idea from, he's been doing it for years now and i must say its really easy and works really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.