Clownfish With Eggs vs. Scooter Blenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

msteane

My pair of clownfish laid their second batch of eggs this evening.  My black scooter blenny decided they looked like a delicious meal.  He got shoved around but was no worse for wear once he had taken the hint and moved on.  Thought you might enjoy seeing them in action.

Clownfish Defending Their Eggs

Some still pictures too.
IMG_00000060_zps2a3f3226.jpg

IMG_00000059_zps94b8f702.jpg

IMG_00000058_zpsb9ae0666.jpg

msteane

They look a bit more red in the picture. To the eye they look orange, maybe slightly darker than the clownfish themselves. I don't have the extra space or time to raise the fry but this is the second time they've laid eggs so maybe one day.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
That blenny seems determined to get a mouth full, lol but he held up well against those clowns.

msteane

In my head I imagine the conversation going something like:

Blenny: That looks tasty!
Clown: Those are mine, stay away!
Blenny: But I want some!
Clown: Seriously, go away.
Blenny: What if I only eat one?
Clown: Do you not understand what go away means??
Blenny : I'll just have one.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
You're very fortunate...you obviously have 2 Amphiprioninae Canukastinian there.  Very polite. 

Their cousins, the Amphiprioninae Amerikanistae is much more territorial.  The females usually have augmented fins too. 

Victoss

Salty Cracker link said:
You're very fortunate...you obviously have 2 Amphiprioninae Canukastinian there.  Very polite. 

Their cousins, the Amphiprioninae Amerikanistae is much more territorial.  The females usually have augmented fins too.

:? Oh Salty... you make everyones day  ;D

msteane

No cigars.  The babies get eaten pretty instantly as I am not making an active effort at raising them.  This time around my clowns decided the black silicone in the front left corner of the tank make the perfect spot to lay eggs. 

Status
Not open for further replies.