Containers

shipwreck

Jewel link said:
I use a 20 GL Acrylic tank, Thanks Poseidon, I fill it up every 8 days and it's gravity fed. Old School.

I haven't been able to find an acrylic tank and didn't feel like building one but that was basically my original plan

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
shipwreck link said:
[quote author=Jewel link=topic=7799.msg82192#msg82192 date=1392750101]
I use a 20 GL Acrylic tank, Thanks Poseidon, I fill it up every 8 days and it's gravity fed. Old School.

I haven't been able to find an acrylic tank and didn't feel like building one but that was basically my original plan
[/quote]

If you give me dimensions I can make you a acrylic box as well.

Bfofre

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/4wd-gas-can-20l-0283056p.html#.Uw4emrRZga8

Could you use this???  I was wondering this myself...as this would be a nice fit in my cabinet!!
Also made from HDPE.

shipwreck

Neither of those would work for me. But even if they would not sure I would risk it. My concern is that controls on the plastic or processing for these May be different then food grade applications.

Bfofre

I make Plastics for a living :)  injection molded,  not blow molding like these are..  The difference isn't the process,  it's the resin..  Trust me

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Marz

This has been a great thread for me. I may do the acrylic thing as its custom to fit my can. If the camping water containers work size wise, I may try that as well.

Jewel

When I had my 29 Bio-Cube, I used a 5 GL water jug, The ones you fill at the Water Depot, I cut a hole where it flanges and drop my ATO pump in, Good for 4 Gallons of water, For your set-up with LED lights you wouldn't evaporate much water, Probably last you 5 days for sure, just hide it in behind your stand.