Mido

hey Guys
was just wondering if any has a personal experience with Coral beauty or flame angle being reef safe?
i know it won't be 100% but would like to hear from you guys....
thanks
M

S

sirhc13

hey Guys
was just wondering if any has a personal experience with Coral beauty or flame angle being reef safe?
i know it won't be 100% but would like to hear from you guys....
thanks
M

I have a Flame Angel who has been a model citizen in my 220g!....but each fish is different which is why they are listed as Reef Safe *with caution* lol

Had both, they randomly nip at sps. They don't kill the coral but there won't be good polyp extension due to it. After I got rid of mine polyp all came out again a week or so later.

Mido

thanks guys
any suggestions for a similar sized fish which is totally reef safe yet likes to swim?

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Tangs arent jumpers like wrasses. But they do get big. But a Kole tang would work.

I have a potters Angel but does nip but my apartment is soo hot I can keep any corals alive ;(

Mido

thx guys i was totally dismissing wrasses cz i thought that they r all aggressive but u guys made me research again and a orange back fairy wrasse sounds like a perfect fit except for the $$

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Both of those will most likely nip at corals in a 40 gallon tank. The smaller the tank, the more aggressive a fish can become and with that increase chance that they will nip at corals. Maybe look at the different fire fish. Add a few of those with a mated pair of clowns. When the time comes, if you are willing to do extra work at keeping the tank stocked with copepods, then a manderine is great. They are hard to care for, but are a great fish.

Jewel

I've had both and yes they do nip at Corals, not sure about the 40 gallons. Cardinals are nice, Anthias I've found ate jumpers, Gobies are nice and I put the Wrasses in the jumping category.