Coral Box D700 Skimmer

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
You will find mixed reviews on the Jebao. They are quiet, but if you want a good deal on a cheap IN skimmer, there is that SWC160 in the for sale section.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Wow, just watched the videos on that Jebao skimmer, that thing is silent :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I don't think the swc 160 will cut it for Jeff's tank, especially with an eel
But Jeff, let me know if your gonna sell the 250, I might be interested in upgrading my 180

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
But Jeff, let me know if your gonna sell the 250, I might be interested in upgrading my 180
After i switch, i will be selling the vertex. Will let you know.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

IF that is the case, he may want to look at something other then this Jebao skimmer. They have almost the same tank rating. I have that Reef Octopus for sale :D

SWC 160 Cone
Tank Rating : 100 - 150 Gallon

Jebao
Tank Rating : 118 - 184 Gallon

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
imo go reef octopuss they are quiet for a big skimmer and pulls mass amounts of skim out i have an eel an a decent bioload and my 150 cone does the job but fills cup every 2-3 days

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
ya i baught the whole circus before but after my first reef oct i wont consider anything else lol been over a year zero problems lol although swc has gotten my attention recently

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Looks like i'm once again back to square one. Checked shipping for skimmer ... $75! Not sure when shipping from china got do damn expensive!

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Petsandponds.com has them for $230 with free shipping. But currently unavailable. Grrrr....

Last edited:

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
For me, the sound of skimmers usually isn't the problem. I hear water falling before a pump humming.

If you need complete silence then it may not be the ideal one for you. It's a smaller footprint skimmer that pulls gunk like a boss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
My skimmer pump is about twice as loud as my mag 9.5, if that's any indication of what is too loud. Mag can't be heard when stand doors are closed.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
My skimmer pump is about twice as loud as my mag 9.5, if that's any indication of what is too loud. Mag can't be heard when stand doors are closed.

I definately think you would be happy with the curve 9 then lol.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Yep. I originally thought you wanted a skimmer for larger bio load. The curve 7 would be similar bio load wise to the in-250 I think.