Coral problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bret

So I'm encountering some problems with a few of my coral that I have in my tank. I've had these corals in there for a couple weeks and they were completely fine at first. But then the other day my heater decided to conk out and it only maintained a temp of 71 no matter how high I dialed it to. But now I got a new heater, temp is back to where it should be, and the some corals are doin beauty meanwhile others aren't. My Kenya trees are doin good, my candy canes are awesome but my zoas and palys aren't.. Any suggestions? I tested all my water levels and they're all perfectly fine! Pics are of before and what they look like now.

Bret

So I houldnt be too worried? Cuz when my halides come on, then just a few of the smaller ones open a lil bit. Other than that nothing much happens..

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Coral problem!

Well to be honest if it is not a predator attacking them or something obvious like that, then there is nothing else you can really do except get your tank params in line again and wait it out......if it dies, it dies..... A lot of us I'm sure have had ups and downs with zoas and Pallys.....as mentioned before they can be very finicky......I have found that ones that come in from the wild do not do anywhere near as well as ones that have been maricultured.....I have got a lot from fragalot and they are hit and miss.....even ones that seem to be ok at first just don't grow very fast......whereas I got some Pallys recently from Darryl and these things are growing like crazy and I don't think they can open up any further!!! :)
Best of luck!!! Keep us posted......where did you get them from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.