Custom Glass Tanks

calli

Hey all,

I am getting back into the hobby and I am looking at going to about a 90 Gallon or so tank, 48x24x20. I am tossing up the idea of custom build tank and oem purchased.

I have a few quotes from a couple vendors in the area, however, does anyone know where in the South Western Ontario area to go for the best quality vs price?

Also, any suggestions on size, I think I like the look of a low profile of 20" but still the width of 24".

Cheers!!

WiredWeasel

There's always miracles but they're on the higher end of the spectrum. I know alot of people have purchased tanks from nafb.

harleymike

Super Active Member
I priced one at Mirales. They are pricey. Some have ordered from a place in alberta.
Im looking around also. Hoping to order one this fall.
48x36x24

I bought my last one in Port Huron Michigan. Great price great quality. But they are shutdown now.

FishG33k

If you can wait, Waterbox Aquariums begins distribution to Canada in a couple of weeks, so they tell me. They also have a sale on their 135.4 (135 total system volume and 4 feet wide) currently. Worth a look IMO.

calli

I think I am going to try BigAls, I hear they come from Alberta. I'd like to see the difference before I order to be sure.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Having had one built by a local vendor, I would 10000% suggest you spend a bit and either get oem or have a real company build for you.

Do you know of any in London?

Josh

I can see it now "Hey honey i need a break from renos to do my fish tank" You would hear the yelling from Stratford James. All joking aside though im basically down to the main bath which is gutted down to studs and subfloor right now.

I really suggest going and seeing Aaron (specifically him) and working with him, price was good, service was good, quality was good. Took a bit to build but thats to be expected they were a couple weeks later than expected however that didnt bother me at all. My tank is a 60x24x24 with a centre dual drain dual return overflow. Overflow was glass build with acrylic on the outside of it. The black silicone looks really slick as well. If you want me to post a picture of it i can do that for you.

Good luck!