Data clearly suggest Vibrant is actually an algaecide identical to Algaefix

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Big news over the last few weeks at Reef2Reef about Vibrant, see more information here:

I have used Vibrant and was very impressed with the results, I think the issue is that there are perceptions that the manufacturer has mislead consumers to think this product was a natural bacteria when in fact it is an algaecide. It’s always a gamble adding anything to our tanks when the ingredients are kept "secret."

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I just started reading through that thread and the thread within the first post earlier today. I had algae issues and used Vibrant. It did work but nothing stabilized afterwards. I eventually even lost my longfin mocha clowns. No idea if it is related or not but now that I stopped with Vibrant and wend back to using my Fauna Marin treatments my tank is finally actually clearing up. I do have a new bottle of Vibrant but hesitant on using it. I will have to start reading tomorrow again when I am not this exhausted.

ptora

A user by the name "telegraham" on youtube, streamed last night showing him swabbing Vibrant, MB7, and Eco-Balance on a bunch of petri-dish and is currently seeing if bacteria will grow on it. I recall him mentioning that there was no growth with vibrant but it'll be interesting to see the results.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
A user by the name "telegraham" on youtube, streamed last night showing him swabbing Vibrant, MB7, and Eco-Balance on a bunch of petri-dish and is currently seeing if bacteria will grow on it. I recall him mentioning that there was no growth with vibrant but it'll be interesting to see the results.
I follow”telegraham” this will be interesting to watch- Thanks for the heads up.