Daves 120 gallon SPS Dominated Tank

davesolo29

Super Active Member
clowns are gone :'(  just kidding,  although they were quite stunning to look at, i dont think i will miss them.
picked up 5 tiny benggai cardinals as a trade for them.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
So... after a couple of months of poor quality skimming due to my pump failing, i finally picked up my new alpha cone 170.  after waiting a month for it to arrive i was quite excited to get it.  only to find out that they had changed their design and now only offered one pump port option instead of two.  I emailed vertex aquaristik and they informed me that royal exclusive decided to do away with it.  unfortunately the second port option was the one that would have worked best in my sump configuration..  OH WELL.. it seems to be working fine, i just need to change my sump a bit to make for easier access to the collection cup.
I also got a new tunze wavebox yesterday.  I like it.  Took a bit to get it set up, but it works very well. 

Also had a couple of fatalities.  My copperband butterfly decided to get himself stuck to one of koralias and one of my picasso clowns decided to go thru the overflow and take the ride to the sump and got stuck in the new red dragon pump on my skimmer.  i was very disappointed when i found him there.  i had assumed it would be a snail. 
now i cant find one of my bengai cardinals,  and they are always out in the open.
not to mention my powder brown is covered in ick. 
Not sure what is going on, but it has turned into a bad day.

S

Siderjan

davesolo29 link said:
So... after a couple of months of poor quality skimming due to my pump failing, i finally picked up my new alpha cone 170.  after waiting a month for it to arrive i was quite excited to get it.  only to find out that they had changed their design and now only offered one pump port option instead of two.  I emailed vertex aquaristik and they informed me that royal exclusive decided to do away with it.  unfortunately the second port option was the one that would have worked best in my sump configuration..  OH WELL.. it seems to be working fine, i just need to change my sump a bit to make for easier access to the collection cup.
I also got a new tunze wavebox yesterday.  I like it.  Took a bit to get it set up, but it works very well. 

Also had a couple of fatalities.  My copperband butterfly decided to get himself stuck to one of koralias and one of my picasso clowns decided to go thru the overflow and take the ride to the sump and got stuck in the new red dragon pump on my skimmer.  i was very disappointed when i found him there.  i had assumed it would be a snail. 
now i cant find one of my bengai cardinals,  and they are always out in the open.
not to mention my powder brown is covered in ick. 
Not sure what is going on, but it has turned into a bad day.

Yup that sucks.  I went down to look at the water level in my tank Friday and added a little.  Cujo came down with me.  I went up to turn the kettle on and grab my phyto to feed, and Cujo comes up with my Blue Tang in his mouth.  I'm praying it didn't have teeth marks, but yup 4 holes thru and thru.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
So.. im kneeling down in front of my sump checkin out the snails in my RDSB and decided to take a look in my fuge as well at the Turbos that i stuck down there when i got tired of them knockin stuff over.....
much to my surprise, i found a couple dozen little free swimmers.  not sure what they are, but i would assume they are clownfish.  guess i will have to wait and see.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
was just going thru my thread.  i figured at first that it must be clarkii clown fry, but i got rid of the pair of them over a month ago.  so that only leaves the picasso pair.  shitty thing is, the one picasso died the other day in the red dragon pump. 

spyd

Super Active Member
I feel for you man! Don't give up though. You've got the right equipment for success now. I forget how your overflow is setup and am surprised that a Clown would take a jump. Normally, they are so dosile.

C

crazybizzle

still waiting on a full tank picture and a sump setup pic. lets see it