Diamond Goby Acting Weird.

chief hill

5ba300de6cb64ac5be9bef95e4f35a4b.jpg
fcb18c80cc803bf434424a8feefd395d.jpg

Couple photos of this fish who has left the sandbed and has been hovering in this area for 3 days. None of the other fish are bothering it. It simply won't stay on the sandbed. It's not normal behaviour at all. If it was scared of something it would burrow into the sand.
Parameters are ok in tank as well. All other fish are thriving. Nature will take its course but have any of you seen this type of behaviour before?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
It looks like you have some dinoflagellates which would be toxic to anything that eats it.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
No no visible Dino's in the tank. I've had them once before and it covered everything

The first pic looks like there is some brown slimy on the glass, fish definitely looks hungry.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Agreed, I think you need to look at feeding or if it has been eating. It is extremely skinny. It should the the same thickness most of the way down from its head without seeing the structure.

chief hill

Agreed, I think you need to look at feeding or if it has been eating. It is extremely skinny. It should the the same thickness most of the way down from its head without seeing the structure.
Oh it's skinny for sure. It isn't taking any food from me when I drop it in that area.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
They sift micro fauna from the sand bed, if the tank is new there might not be enough to sustain it.

chief hill

He's back in the sand. He's from the original 72 that leaked.
I chased him down to the sand and he's sifting again. Tank is fed with pellets daily via auto feeder. Nori sheet and frozen mix a. Couple times a week. So hopefully the micro fauna grow Because it is a new sand bed. He ate some of the nori sheet today. I shred it up in the power head so it fed everything in the tank.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
how new is the sandbed.... if very new it may be slightly acidic till fully cycled and may have been bothering him. he is skinny i found cyclopeez for smaller ones and mysis for bigger ones helps alot