Digital thermometers

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reeffreak

I have 3 different digital thermometers, 2 of them are the same and 1 is different. I'm only using 2 of them right now and there not the same ones. I decided to toss one beside the other in the same tanks, I found that one read 79 and the other read 82. So I then decided to pull out the one I was not using and out it beside the other two, it read 78.5 and it identical to the one that read 79.. I'm a little frustrated and would like to know which one is actually right , do you think a glass thermometer would be more accurate ?

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Digital thermometers

Take one of the 2 that are the same and take out of tank. Put upstairs on table or something away from windows and then compare to thermostat?

R

reeffreak

Digital thermometers

2 are 3 months old the other is a week old there for petsmart, what do you use Dave?

davesolo29

Super Active Member
i used to have a really great digital thermometer.  it had a dial inside the battery compartment to calibrate it.  i cant remember who made it.  i lost it in one of my many moves.
now i just use stick on ones.  i only really use it for quick glances.  temp is probably something that i should take more notice of, but dont.

Noodle

Most digital thermometers suck. If you can get one you can calibrate leave a glass a water out and allow to get room temp. The use it to calibrate.

Or use a glass thermometer.

Status
Not open for further replies.