Digitata Getting Chewed By.....what??

Reefgrrl

Website
www.youtube.com
971BF095-5022-4C26-81FD-51922C994B86.jpeg
Over the past several days I’ve seen these white bands growing. Started as one white spot on one branch that blew off with a turkey blaster. Now this....growing slowly but definitely growing. Too bad I didn’t take daily photos, but I will now. Any ideas? I’ve had white coralline suggested. I’ve looked at it with a magnifying glass but not seen any nudis (have had these, know what to look for).

I’m considering removing it, trimming it back, and dipping it. But being an SPS I’m reluctant to go overboard on the dipping. ‍♀️ Thank you for looking.

kapelan

that's bleaching.
Red Digitata pretty easy coral it needs just good light to survive.
Problem most likely with water.
Ca,Mg,KH - should be retested. If the result is OK you will need to get new tests - probably existing does not work anymore.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
IMO looks like rtn to me ..

How long have you owned the coral for ?

If you’ve seen it in the past 2 days or so , I’d give it 4 more days before it will be all white if it’s rtn

Copperkills

RTN and STN generally start at the base, not in random spots on a stalk. Are you dosing alk closeby? Could be Alk burn.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
My guess is alkor kalk as well. I've burned a couple like that in my day. Check parameters and likely it will bounce back (digi is pretty hardy). If not, you can likely get a few pounds of digitata off someone here for a pack of gum. :)