TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
$39.99 + taxes + S/H etc etc from Apex or vendor

OR

$10 completed. This is all that the "Break Out Box" is if "Break It Open". I will probably put it into a project box down the road and make up my own label. Personally I have no idea why Apex uses a grey cable and blue label :S (although there are some out there with the orange/white label) when everything else is black and orange/white ... I was adamant about finding a black cable lol.

1 - Black MD8 Mini Din 8 Minidin
1 - terminal block from
1 - multimeter to test which line is which as most Minidin cables have different colors/pin
5 - minutes work

DIY BoB cable pin outs. 8 is the ground, 7 is not used and 1-6 are respectable switches to their numbers

1zf55vn.jpg

20lff5.jpg

Last edited:

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
davesolo29 link said:
I'll take one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to have to start a DIY Apex parts store if comments like that keep up lol. Between the 2 dozen requests for Jebao cables, plus a US group buy inquiry on them, I am also waiting to hear back today about the Jebao cables and if they work on a RKE/RKL as I have the connecters for that as well, and now these ... oh my ... lol.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I wired toggle switches onto each of the inputs.  works great for turning stuff on and off... or bypassing/overriding float switches during water changes.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Neopimp link said:
I wired toggle switches onto each of the inputs.  works great for turning stuff on and off... or bypassing/overriding float switches during water changes.

Nice idea, I think I have a few lying around and may think about adding them.

I have some monitory switches around that I thought I would install as a trigger, that way you can trigger an action at a whim instead of triggering the actual float or sensor.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Neptune claims that terminal 7 is reserved for some future use but won't say what. :-\