Diy Natural Looking On The Aragonite Bed Frag Plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

El concistador

Take a sheet of wax paper then:

Pour a small pile of dried aragonite into a small pile and shaped it into a wide volcano shape,  then apply a large amount of liquid crazy glue on top.

after 30 second's tilt the paper and pour the crazy glue into the garbage etc then apply a second coat to re-enforce it and make it strong, then pour in the garbage etc again after 30 seconds.

I'm sure you can reuse the original wasted glue, I've just never tried it yet that way and feel it may have already started to harden.

Let fully dry for 24 hours before soaking and removing paper.

The wax paper will stick, so you can razor blade around it, or just rip it off, then soak in water and scrap off all remaining paper with your finger's 24 hours later.

Should be cured and ready to add to your tank right away after paper is fully gone.

In the long run,  this should leave you with a natural,  imo frag  plug that allows for max water flow and minimum flow restriction.

Only other thing that looks more natural is rock rubble, but does it have max water flow and minimum flow restriction?

Pics to follow if anyone is interested?  look's  natural like  :poop: crazy glued

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
another good idea would be to just fill a small container with aragonite and swirl a little patch of the gel glue into a disk and just wait for it to dry then pull it out and tada fragplug.

E

El concistador

Blob-79 link said:
max water flow and minimum flow restriction?

need a pic?

these plugs are awesome is all I can say.

Wish I thought of it sooner, but was on the RC site on where someone said to just drop crazy glue into sand and pull up a plug, this gave me the idea on how to achieve max water flow and minimum flow restriction when compared to regular plugs.

maybe worded wrong, they don't magically grow a powerhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.