Diy Oversize Biopellets Reactor

Pipes

I could hook you up with a riser stem from a water softener...

It would be a vertical input, with equal (horizontal) distribution through the cone. Tumble in all directions at once. Turn it up side down and you get a funky pond sprayer. Riser stem is 1" diameter PVC I believe.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
The ones I am finding has the basket as 1.050 inch and/or 13/16". That could work. I would be interested in them. I am still reading on it, but if you can get even distribution of spray, then it will get the pellets that are in the corner. That is an issue that cone reactors do not have. For the cylinder ones, some pellets can get stuck in the bottom corners where flow can be limited. You have to increase flow to be sure to keep things fluidized there. How much water can you push through it. Right now I have a Mag9.5, on full it runs at 975 gph. Although if there was proper distribution of the water, then it would need less gph through the media.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
So this is garbage.

I was moving it and dropped, cracked the top right off as well as a chunk out of the cylinder. I fixed it the best I could while still needing it to run. I couldn't stop all the leaks though. I secured a Octo BioChur-120R, but it was going to take a bit to get here. What better way to deal with a leak then to just put the whole freaking thing into a larger tank tied into the system.

27f1346fa5f36445400a8ba339581244.jpg

Quicker then shipping, @reefdiver got me my new BioChur-120R personally delivered to my door today. Up and running shortly after a great visit with a few Windsor reefers who came up for the meet.

98a826a107ac309a36949e1892e6773d.jpg

6cff76955b58178d8f2b2127c1e1d6cf.jpg

5915274269d78ef5cdb5cef2c5083b20.jpg

I love the recirculating reactors. This is the way to go. Very well built and only took a few moments to get together and running. You can barely hear it running. Which is a far cry from using a tlf as a pellet reactor. You can always here the pellets mixing in that as well as in my diy. The pump and pellets are quiet, even with 5 cups of pellets in there.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited: