Dosing System using Arduino

KBennett

Nope, only normally open...  They are transistors, so you have to apply voltage to the gate to get them to switch on. 

Boga

I got my first peristaltic pump. It has a 12V motor, and aprox 50mL/minute @12V, tested with water. Simple to disassemble, the silicone tube can be replaced easy. The tube provided fits tight into a 1/4" RODI tube.

Boga

KBennett link said:
....... For static settings you'll need a memory card chip as well, unless there is some way around it that I don't know about.

I said that I am going to do backup on SD card or the memory on the 1307 RTC. I forgot that the Arduino has EEPROM built in. I've just finished some backup routines on my reef controller and it is very easy to use. I will do the same for the doser and use EEPROM.read and EEPROM.write.

KBennett

Boga link said:
[quote author=KBennett link=topic=6636.msg65676#msg65676 date=1382657200]
....... For static settings you'll need a memory card chip as well, unless there is some way around it that I don't know about.

I said that I am going to do backup on SD card or the memory on the 1307 RTC. I forgot that the Arduino has EEPROM built in. I've just finished some backup routines on my reef controller and it is very easy to use. I will do the same for the doser and use EEPROM.read and EEPROM.write.

[/quote]

Awesome. I didn't know about that.

Victoss

I used the EEPROM on the UNO when I made my controller, the only thing you'll want to watch for is that your not reading and writing all the time to that memory, it only has a limited amount of read/writes but if you set it up to only do that on startup and when every you change a value then you wont every reach the limits.