Dukes 90G Acrylic Tank

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
So this is my tank

Heres the goods
80 gallon custom acrylic display tank with external coast to coast overflow with a bean animal drain setup
35 gallon acrylic sump
2x150 MH setup with LED moonlights
2 tunze 6045 powerheads
1250 gph return pump
marineland pro 100 skimmer
TLF Phosban reactor
250w jager heater

Stocked with
Regal Tang
Yellow Tang
Foxface Rabbitfish
2 A. Ocellaris
4 Chromis
yellow goby
Red Starfish
sand sifting starfish

That was the setup when I started currently im running this

80 gallon custom acrylic display tank with external coast to coast overflow with a bean animal drain setup
35 gallon acrylic sump
90 LED 3W DIY Bridgelux fixture
2 tunze 6045 powerheads
Tunze Nano wave box
2500 gph return Reeflo snapper external pump
Skimz SM161 Skimmer
TLF Phosban reactor running brs GFO
DIY Pellet Reactor
250w jager heater
Kamoar Doser dosing 2 part
Apex Controled

Stocked with
Regal Tang
Yellow Tang
2 A. Ocellaris
2 Chromis
Coral Beauty Angel
Cherub Angel
Yellow goby
2 Green Mandarin m/f
anthias
Copperband butterfly
bangaii cardinal
sand sifting starfish
8 bubbletip anemones
1 skunk cleaner shrimp

Its been a while but heres the pictures i took when i built and assembled my system. i opted to go with the bean animal drain system as its the most failsafe and quiet setup around.

I just used a regular hole saw bit for wood to drill my holes in the overflow, took a bit but got the job done.

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

Getting some ideas for the plumbing.

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1716.jpg

Tank on the stand ready to go with the holes drilled.

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

Getting everything setup and glued after i was satisfied with how everything looked.

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

Finishing up

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg

All done and running with fresh water to test the plumbing

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Re: Dukes 80G Acrylic Tank

Yes I picked up shaynahs tank a fews ago, I'm very happy with it so far.

S

shayneh

I changed my mind......LOL!

Looks good... you've been busy. How are you enjoying the clarity of acrylic?

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

Ya I'm loving the tank, turned out awesome.. I didn't go all the way and use the snapper for a closed loop system but it still turned out pretty good.. A few boards and some paint and the stand looks amazing too.. I'm very happy overall.. This thing is silent with the overflow setup. Pictures don't do it justice, if your ever in Sarnia and want to stop over and check it out your more than welcome to. Thanks again man.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

purple zoanthids

S

Siderjan

Great looking tank Duke.  Like the zoas!

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

today i picked up my new cleanup crew from reefcleaners.org, i just had it delivered to Port Huron MI and drove across the bridge and picked the package up. i ordered a quick crew with hermits for a 38G tank which seemed like plenty.. i ordered 35 Dwarf Ceriths, 14 Nassarius, 14 Florida Ceriths, 8 Large & 10 Small to Medium Nerites, and 9 hermits. i also got an extra 10 small to medium nerites and 20 extra blue legged hermits which i actually didnt recieve which sucked but its going to be taken care of so its no big deal. anyways all said and done theres about 250 dwarf ceriths, 18 nassarius, 19 flordia ceriths, 43 nerites and 9 assorted hermits.. I tried to pile them all together so anything that didnt make it would stay where i put them and it would be easier to get out. after a few hours of the lights being off they have all scattered.. its pretty cool to see so many snails in there. Def well worth the money.

P

phi delt reefer

lol john is notorius for sending those dwarfs by the bucket full. Awesome guy to deal with though - gets wicked reviews online.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor

I got my 30 gal deep quick crew yesterday with hermit crabs  did same way yu did to mailbox in port huron.  Good packaging to.  A few in each baggie with damp towel in each bag and got some chaeto and macro algae and some plants.  They where shipped from Florida mon  so it was overnite shipping

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

i was so excited about how many snails i was getting for so little i forgot to add the penny macro on.. and i should have bought some calupera too.. lol oh well all and all basically everything lived except maybe 5 or 6 of those dwarf snails.. and out of those 5 or 6 i think a few shells were just emptys.  and one of the blue legs was in too big a shell so it left that one and while trying to find a new one my hippo tang ate him and spit it back out and then some nassarius came out from under the sand and ate the dead body up. lol also i find the nerites are kind of of bulldozers but they move quick and do a good job i just have to buy some aquarium putty to stick some frags down so they dont get knocked over also they are not too good at righting themself if they fall on their backs. what did you get for macros if you mind me asking?

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

i wish i got mangroves, i think i might do another order if anyone else wants to get in on it.. ill go pick it up and bring it across the border. its free shipping for the quick crews iirc.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

heres some of the new stuff i picked up. and a shot of the nem now.