Duncan Coral Issue

saltyair

Using ai hydras

cal 460
alk 8.4
mag 1370
po4 .03
no3 less than 5

On to the issue I have this ducan with about 25 heads (started with 4) it hasn't opened in almost 3 weeks. It partially opens.
A few things I've done moved it to different flow areas, dipped it in revive 2 weeks ago. The only thing that changed was removing my old sump/refug.

ideas please

saltyair

No I had to sell my flame angel 2 yrs ago b/c he starting nipping corals.
I don't think anyone is nipping the coral.
Anyone know if they are sensitive to ph?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Both. But I have been running both for longer then I have had the Duncan. It used to be huge and open all the time. Have not seen anyone picking at it. It almost comes out, then looks like a skeleton. Just happened one day in my 120 long tank, it opened for a week or so when I switched to the 120 peninsula tank, but has been closed for a long time now.

saltyair

Wondering if some water change will help?
I have always done 10 and 15 gal weekly wc - and it's been doing this for over 2 months now. I have gone 1 month without a wc to see if my cyano was being fueled by wc. And right now I would say the cyano is almost gone.
I will be doing a 15 gal wc this weekend and we will see. Every thing else is doing great thats why it's so puzzling

saltyair

Its been 7 weeks since it's been open - did a water change this weekend and changed my carbon.

I fed this duncan 1 or twice a week everything from cyclo , mysis and reef fish advantage (squid,clam ect)

Boga

Its been 7 weeks since it's been open - did a water change this weekend and changed my carbon.

I fed this duncan 1 or twice a week everything from cyclo , mysis and reef fish advantage (squid,clam ect)

Is it actually grabbing the food and eating it? The only times my Duncan is behaving like that is when I intentionally forget to feed it.

Why did you ask about pH?

What is the level of salinity in tank?

saltyair

Is it actually grabbing the food and eating it? The only times my Duncan is behaving like that is when I intentionally forget to feed it.

Why did you ask about pH?

What is the level of salinity in tank?
35 ppm
I asked about the ph b/c I changed out my sump/refug - for a sump only. So the ph would fluctuate more at night. No other corals are having issues.
Thinking on dipping in revive again.