Ecotech Vectra help

Seasquirt

Hi all, I could use some help with a Vectra M1, I bought it used and I love the pump but it won’t go on feed mode, the issue is that it’s in close loop mode and I have tried to reset the pump, watched the videos on youtube, it’s not the end of the world if I can’t get The feed enabled because I can turn it off completely and feed the tank, but it would be easier for sure.

if I bought the Reeflink could I control the pump that way.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
First, did you reset up the pump and do the full calibration of the pump? Second, Vectors do not have feed mode per say. When activated they hold the water at the desired level within the pipes. If calibrated correctly, the pump will still run, but just not enough for water to exit the return into the tank. You want to get it out of closed loop mode and into return pump mode. If you set it up correctly, you will fix all the issues.

The pump is most likely set up with Mobius which is an app that you can connect directly to the pump from your phone via Bluetooth. You can downgrade the pump through the Mobius app to be compatible with Reeflink.

Last edited:

Josh

my mp40s on feed mode spin very slowly but dont entirely shut off. Not sure if thats same for M1

Seasquirt

Sounds like the same Josh, as I said the pump was bought used, it didn’t come with a set up guide, I’ve watched plenty of videos and the only Thing that behaves the way it’s suppose to is the on, off, the dial to increase the speed, and the orange flashing light every 5 seconds that tells me it’s in closed loop mode,
the mode control doesn’t do anything.
i don’t think it’s mobius controlled as the pump is at least 3 years old but I will download mobius and see if I can connect with it through blue tooth.
thanks for your help Mark,

Josh

It will either show up in the list or it wont. If it doesnt and you have a QD unit you can take 2 screws out of the controller and pop out an easy to change small computer chip that allows you to control them that way.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Your Vectra will be Mobius compatible. Your MP10 should be provided it is a QD model. As Josh said, it will just show up in the Mobius app if it is capable. You just need to download the app to a wireless with bluetooth device like a tablet or smartphone. If not, you can purchase a chip that goes in it to make it work. It is a very easy thing to switch and takes about 2 minutes. Here is a link to the chip.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Seasquirt

yes it is controlled by Mobius, the vectra I mean, it’s on return pump mode and I did calibrate it, was pretty easy, yes the feed mode enables, the Mp10 and a chip, ok I will have to get one, thanks a lot for all your help.