Ekoral

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Had not ever heard about it until now. They are having their grand opening right now. I do not know of anyone selling them. They are offering free world wide shipping on their site right now. Always interested in a new controller. Should be interesting to see the long term on these. It is pretty sleek looking and seems to have all the functionality of an Apex and also runs cloud based software like Fusion. Their power bar is even wireless to the base which is nice.

calli

Had not ever heard about it until now. They are having their grand opening right now. I do not know of anyone selling them. They are offering free world wide shipping on their site right now. Always interested in a new controller. Should be interesting to see the long term on these. It is pretty sleek looking and seems to have all the functionality of an Apex and also runs cloud based software like Fusion. Their power bar is even wireless to the base which is nice.

Yeah very sleek. I was just trying to find a more cost effective cloud based controller. I watched an intro video that mad hatters reef did on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Yeah very sleek. I was just trying to find a more cost effective cloud based controller. I watched an intro video that mad hatters reef did on this one.

Well if that is the motivator, then you do not want the Ekoral. It will be about $1152 after the exchange. You can get an Apex 2016 for $1079 from reefsupplies.ca and it is run by with cloud based software. If you want to go cheaper you can get the Apex Classic for $742 from reefsupplies.ca and cheaper yet would be the Apex Jr for $323. All the Apex products run through Fusion, cloud based software plus you can get dozens of integrated modules and equipment designed specifically to work with and be monitored by the Apex. Even the GHL Profilux is $1147 from bigshowfrags.com and that comes with a built in display unlike the Apex 2016 or the Ekoral. Albeit the Profilux 4 has some improvements needed when it comes to their cloud software. Mind you, once your system is set up, there is no reason to mess around every 5 minutes. I get notices if anything is wrong. I have not had to touch my P4 since I first set it up 6+ months ago. I do not know why people get so wound up about needed cloud based software.

calli

Well if that is the motivator, then you do not want the Ekoral. It will be about $1152 after the exchange. You can get an Apex 2016 for $1079 from reefsupplies.ca and it is run by with cloud based software. If you want to go cheaper you can get the Apex Classic for $742 from reefsupplies.ca and cheaper yet would be the Apex Jr for $323. All the Apex products run through Fusion, cloud based software plus you can get dozens of integrated modules and equipment designed specifically to work with and be monitored by the Apex. Even the GHL Profilux is $1147 from bigshowfrags.com and that comes with a built in display unlike the Apex 2016 or the Ekoral. Albeit the Profilux 4 has some improvements needed when it comes to their cloud software. Mind you, once your system is set up, there is no reason to mess around every 5 minutes. I get notices if anything is wrong. I have not had to touch my P4 since I first set it up 6+ months ago. I do not know why people get so wound up about needed cloud based software.

Great points. There is certainly a lot to look into on them and still this is still a ways out before I need it. At the rate tech changes it’s always best to buy right when you need it, however am leaning towards the apex because it does come with four probes to start.

Maybe I’ll get lucky and nab a gently used one.