Extreme Aquarium Worth The Trip?

MrHermit85

anybody been to the extreme aquarium in Sarnia? I was thinking of taking my kid next weekend for fun as he loves pet stores. Is it worth a browse? Not only for reef stuff but reptiles freshwater and other animals... I am driving from London

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Oh it is. Especially if you are not going for just salt water. He is full of lizards, snakes, axolotl and sometimes has ferrits for sale as well as the resident guard ferrit. Both him and his son are absolutely amazing and knowledgeable about the creatures they have.

Zombiex

I would have to to say no. I was there 2 weeks ago. The store smelled aweful. His animals are not cared for properly. He has almost no saltwater now. That was his main focus when opening the store but has not turned focus to ferrits and lizards because they have a better market. I work near the store and drive to London instead. Just my opinion.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I would have to to say no. I was there 2 weeks ago. The store smelled aweful. His animals are not cared for properly. He has almost no saltwater now. That was his main focus when opening the store but has not turned focus to ferrits and lizards because they have a better market. I work near the store and drive to London instead. Just my opinion.
Oh wow. Sounds like a lot has changed in since I was there last when we bought 2 ferrits their.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Zombiex

Ya hes changed his focus. The ferrits are what keeps the store open. We bought a chameleon from him. Me and wife keeps alot of reptiles and animals. His cages are small and crowed and lack maintenance. When we went in store was busy. We didnt stay because the smell was almost unbearable. Also the condition of the cages and tanks was little upsetting. He worksna full time job and runs the store at night and weekends. Probally be better if was his main focus. Might be worth stopping in if your in the area. But a huge dissipontment if your use to london stores. Especially if yoir going for saltwater stock.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
His focus was lizards and ferrits when we were there as well but conditions were exceptional. No smell and all the habitats were clean and maintained. But it has been a few months. I would hate to hear your experiance was a continued trend.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Zombiex

Im not sure. Maybe we caught him on q bad day. I dont go there. Went when he opened but find theres nothing he carries that i need. Also when ever i tried during week he was closed.

Mark092

Unfortunately it seems like they have steered their business towards the reptiles, freshwater, and ferrets, but anytime I have been there (its been several months now), there hasn't been a smell and the animals seem to be well kept for (I have no experience in reptiles). To their defence, the store was also broken in to just before Christmas I believe? and they stole a laptop and did some damage to the store. They seem super knowledgeable about the animals and are always very friendly. It would be nice to see them change their focus back to saltwater, but still a great store in my opinion. Just my two cents.