Finally the frag tank!!!!

nexusnight

So today I finally managed to finish up my frag tank. After selling my 55g and storing the corals and fish I had at sealife i decided i needed a frag tank anyway. So i put the finishing touches on it today and filled er up with already cycled water and a couple pieces of nice purple LR. Its a 20g L with a 250w hallide pendant(for now). 15g sump with a 29g oceanic cube protien skimmer and a quiteone 2200 pump. Also threw in a small powerhead for a little extra flow. the pump is already way more than enough ;D
heres some pics of before water went in. will add a couple with water in a few days.

Sorry there only cell phone pics, the damn thing is just so convenient..... ;)
the tank is def not that blue but the room has sky blue walls lol, super tough to balance colour on the reg camera too :(

AdamS

Thats a very clean little build. I like that.

Remember just cause the water was cycled, you are likely to see at least at small cycle again.

nexusnight

I was expecting some cycle so I used the bio spira from instant ocean. I have used it before and it really does "elimanate" (may not be the right word) the cylce. I have checked levels daily for weeks in the past using this stuff in new water and with new dry macro rock and never even saw a cycle!!! I have faith and its not to say this is a miracle thing but ive had great results with it.
Thanks for the complements. ;D

nexusnight

couple new shots playing with a new camera. tanks filling up nicely. ;D new display tank is on its way!!! :eek:
for a point and shoot their ok. still trying to dial things in. i think a tripod would be better. the camera is a canon g15 and has most of the basic controls and dslr has. I like it but my skills are still rather lacking :'(

nexusnight

new lights arrived yesterday!!!! ;D ;D I am putting one AI Hydra over the frag tank and four units over the 140. colour is sweet once tuned a little and i am running the acclimation mode for one month. reduces power on all channels to 5% of user settings. will get some pics up tonight or tomorrow.

nexusnight

Got around to taking some pics of some newer acquisitions. :eek: The beginnings of my zoa garden and some  chalice and favia that has started to colour up real well. All shots are under the moonlight cycle of the hydra with only cropping done. I think Im finally starting to get this fancy little camera figured out. ;)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
is that last chalice the one i sold you?
looks much more green then mine do...

and those zoas look sick! i want some rastas so bad  :(

nexusnight

thats ur chalice poseidon, under reg light, daytime it looks like urs but under the moon phase it does have that light neon green marbled through it. the rastas are ultra rastas as they have a yellow and pink ring after the orange thats really hard to get with camera. easier to see during the day too