Firearms talk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Totally off topic for a fishy website, but I had to add this in.  DO NOT SHOP AT GOBELS IN LONDON!!!

Seriously, they are more or less a HOME DEPOT of firearm stuff: No stock, retarded employees, shelves filled with stuff you don't want, and customer returns on the shelves at full retail price.

In london, Bulls eye sports is a good (but tiiiny) shop, Guns and Gadgets in Aylmer is a small but really good store, and of course urban tactical in Brantford is top notch. 

Bass Pro Shops has a terrible rep for gun stuff, but never been there.  I hear brownells is going to open a shop in Canada, that could be awesome, they are really good about customer support, but can't ship almost anything across the border due to restrictions.

Rant done :)

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Shooters Choice in Waterloo is awesome  Aka the gun shop.
I shop upstairs all the time at the bow shop.  Great service and selection.  Prices seem fair on archery equipment.  Can't say for the firearms tho. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theyangman

Distinguished Member
I buy my stuff from the Asians, comes with no receipt, or warranties, and also no refunds, but they toss in a box of instant ramen if you buy 5 or more pieces.

paoul

I don't know about London but here in Windsor Canadian tire are really starting to stock a fair amount of firearms both shotguns and rifles

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
paoul link said:
I don't know about London but here in Windsor Canadian tire are really starting to stock a fair amount of firearms both shotguns and rifles

Yeah I've heard of CT having SKSs and whatnot, but here they get all upset if you ask for anything that isn't a hunting round or a .22  In fact, I don't think the one near me even has a single gun, just airsoft.  I'd love to wander over to the CT and come home with 2000 rounds of surplus .223 :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I did my first .357 magnum, 9mm and .223 reloads yesterday.  It will be interesting to see if they work, don't work, or blow up my guns. 

I had to lube the cases with STP Oil treatment, because gobels doesn't know the difference between case lube and bullet lube, but it worked. 

paoul

Yes they have sks but I can't say I saw any 7.62 rounds the ct on walker by the 401 carries 12g 16g 20g 22s 308 3006 7mm and I think they had a 300 in the showcase when I was in there last  remingtons stogers Winchesters and beneli which is good cause only gun shop around here is general gun

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Torx link said:
Sure you made them right? The bullets my uncle uses always have a pit in the tip? LoL

I made those ones, they're jacketed 158 gr bullets, you're talking about hollowpoint bullets.  I can make those too, but I shoot target, so don't really need to blow the back end out of anything.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Good lord. 

5 months to get into a firearm safely class.  20 hours in-class instruction.  2 - 1 hour written exams and then 2 practical exams.

No I have to wait for the instructor to send in the test results, and the CFO to look at them, and send them back to me (~30 days).  I then stick my application form, photo and application fee into the mail again, and send it back.  The CFO then sits on it for 28 days (mandatory), and THEN starts checking references, interviews etc.  So looks like while I'm over the tough part, now it's waiting...up to 5 months according to some.

That said, all my reloaded ammunition worked perfectly.  I ordered a kriss vector rifle last week, should get it some time in May which should align with the arrival of said license. 

Those that can't take the course should do so, I knew I had some bad habits from years of handling firearms but no idea just how many bad habits.  98% average on my 4 exams though, so the 8 hours of training really works :)

monizb

Super Active Member
The guy in kerwood is good and Canadian tire in strathroy I purchased my Thompson centre impact in kerwood joe woods that's what's it called and rest Of guns private and pick up a cross bow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
There's a small shop in Wellburn between London and St. Mary's that used to be top notch (haven't been there in years).  He used to be available just by appointment and/or referral, but unbelievable stuff.  I can ask around and get contact information if you want and or hours if applicable.