Firearms talk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
pulpfiction1 link said:
cost effectiveness making your own 9mm glenn?

Not good. Probably the worst of them all if you factor in time (I don't).  I -think- it was something like $10 for 50 rounds, and that's having the brass.  I can get boxes of 9x19 for $14 so....

Best by far is .45 acp and second is .357
.223 would be the best except there is so much surplus military ammo it's cheaper to buy bulk and just stockpile.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I just aquired a 1500fps pellet gun with scope on weekend. Man oh man is this thing nuts, need to take to a range to tune scope.

The pellets I picked up are gold plated and more hollow then normal pellet (highly hollow point only way to get it to 1500fps)

The starlings won't stand a chance this year, stupid invasive species!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
unibob link said:
I just aquired a 1500fps pellet gun with scope on weekend. Man oh man is this thing nuts, need to take to a range to tune scope.

The pellets I picked up are gold plated and more hollow then normal pellet (highly hollow point only way to get it to 1500fps)

The starlings won't stand a chance this year, stupid invasive species!

Bahaha, that's awesome... I've seen some pretty cranked up pellet guns before,
I'd rather just use my .22 though,

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
These birds aren't dumb, they are flying before 22 hits them. We use a shotgun beginning of season to try and knock population down. They are the snakehead fish of the air.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
It's a whole different game when your a "farmer".

person concerned: morning doves are illegal to kill

Farmer: get off my property or I shoot you too, I'll just tell them I caught you eating my crops.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Mourning doves are not illegal to kill.  New this year:

Introduction of a Mourning Dove hunting season in the Central and Southern Hunting Districts. Note: Non-toxic shot is required to hunt doves in Ontario.