first time for everything

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
I apologize for the blurry pic. this guy was fast. went down to check on tank mid night and turned on my light only to find a two foot white with what appeared to be brown stripes about 2 mm thick swimming in the water above all rocks. uoon close inspection he had a microscopic head and feom his head to about 2 inches back he sort of vibrated his body as tho to ward me off. it swam just like an eel or water snake and was very curious of me. ive never seen anything like this I hope someone might know

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
tape worm.. has someone recently sharted around the tank? :slowclap:

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
reeffreak link said:
That's a bad ass looking creature tho

yea for sure, but if i didnt put it in my tank then it would def freak me out to see a 2ft long creature swimming around lol

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
def havent sharted in the tank...around it maybe lol. honestly it was awesome. its body had spikes like a bristle worm. but laid flat until it moved. must have used it to swim. it look like a piece of string swimming. I hooe someone nails the id on this bc I didnt wanna take it out. although I did lose all my zoas recently and an anthias

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Krazykarl link said:
def havent sharted in the tank...around it maybe lol. honestly it was awesome. its body had spikes like a bristle worm. but laid flat until it moved. must have used it to swim. it look like a piece of string swimming. I hooe someone nails the id on this bc I didnt wanna take it out. although I did lose all my zoas recently and an anthias

So nothing close to either of those. I posted ..

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
no it didnt have a long mouth like the snipe. its head was so small my eye actually couldnr make out what it looked like...

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
a short vid of the THING if it loads...its bkurry bc my wife sent it from iphone to gs4

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Wow !!! You could be right on a baby eel, I can't see what else it would be, I searched up and down last night and this morning and can't find anything that it can be compared to besides those two eels I sent above. Awesome find, feed that son bitch some shrimp and snag him out, I wanna see some better pics of this guy got me really interested.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
ive been looking all night and morning for it. ive fed the tank at night to lure it out....nothing. it was honestly the size of a guitar string...im scared to put my hand in my tank now....lol. I been searching all morning. I camt find anything. its bothering me

reeffreak

Super Active Member
http://www.chucksaddiction.com/hitchworms.html

I highly doubt it's a worm because the way it's free swimming in the water. but take a look at that link, you know what it looks like maybe able to find an ID there. Il be searching all day while I'm in class lol