fish disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaked

should i use my ich medication on my clowns, in a separte bucket,
FOR HOW LONG and do i repeet a couple timeS?

i think they have a lil fungus on tail, whites parts on rim of fins

C

Cal_stir

Marine ich is very nasty, if it is ich, you will see a few white spots for a day or two and then they will disappear, you will think the fish is better. They have dropped off and are now multiplying 100 fold, if you remove the fish and treat them and put them back in the tank they will get ich again. The tank must remain fishless for 8 weeks to ensure the ich has cycled and died. Google "marine ich" there are some good articles about it.
There is no easy cure for ich.

blaked

im pretty sure its white slime on the fins torn from shipment, the clowns are looking alot better.

althought there is a solid white "bump" on my domino damsel head, looks like a parasite ?? i think im going to net him and remove it manulay.....

blaked

i teated the damsel but the ic came back, i even over dosed with malchite green to the point that the damsel eyes
started to cloud  :-[ .... but i see white spots and more now....

S

shayneh

I personally would net the damsel and toss it in the freezer.....If your not wanting to do this I would just add garlic and let things run their course. Although this sounds worse than your basic marine ich It could be either a crazy amount of stress causing the outbreak (due to your well intentioned treatments) or I would say it's the resistant cryptocarayon and short of nuking your tank it won't die using traditional treatments including copper, malachite, or formaldehyde.

It's might be a blessing in disguise as damsels are nasty little bastards when they mature and will draw blood to any unweary hands and chase and kill anything they don't like in the tank.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
shayneh link said:
I personally would net the damsel and toss it in the freezer.....If your not wanting to do this I would just add garlic and let things run their course. Although this sounds worse than your basic marine ich It could be either a crazy amount of stress causing the outbreak (due to your well intentioned treatments) or I would say it's the resistant cryptocarayon and short of nuking your tank it won't die using traditional treatments including copper, malachite, or formaldehyde.

It's might be a blessing in disguise as damsels are nasty little bastards when they mature and will draw blood to any unweary hands and chase and kill anything they don't like in the tank.

i agree

blaked

:-\ well then ill havta kull the poor guy i guesse..... ive been adding 100% real fresh sweezed garlic
juice. my clowns dont have ich on em yet but im concernrd they will get it also.

buy the way the domino damsel came from the critter shop... , i ALWAYS GET ich at the criter shop
be it fresh or salt water species...

C

Cal_stir

sounds like fish keeping at a prisoner of war camp and it's obvious the fish are the prisoners

Status
Not open for further replies.