Flame angels

C

copperkills

Just left BAs,  they just got a shipment of the smallest flame angels ive seen in a while from Hawaii!  Great grab for anyone wanting a flame! Nice red orange coloration with bright blue tail fin!

C

copperkills

Ya and nay....1 in 100 will nip. Gotta keep em fed.  Better success with smaller flames,  once they get large I find they like to supplement their diet if not kept fat!

reeffreak

Super Active Member
copperkills link said:
Ya and nay....1 in 100 will nip. Gotta keep em fed.  Better success with smaller flames,  once they get large I find they like to supplement their diet if not kept fat!

I would say nay ... Angels are know polyp eaters. Whether that's sps or lps or zoas, eventually IMHO they will eat coral.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I took the chance and picked up one of these little beauties.  IMO getting them as small juveniles substantially improves the odds of them being good citizens since they get used to being fed from a young age.  These were nice and small and definitely premium coloration.  8)

That said, my powder blue and my Copperband are also constant grazers and pick at the odd polyp but that only becomes a problem if they focus on one item.

So far it picks and grazes on algae and pods non stop but has shown no interest in any of my corals...

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
I grabbed a small flame from the last Big Als shipment, doing extremely well, doesn't bother anything, and sooo tiny!

That's like  playing Russian roulette.. Lol

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
That batch of flames were one of the nicest I have got in in a long time. when available I will order the smallest ones again as they seem to be the healthiest. At least 3 went to tft members so they can keep us updated.

C

copperkills

Yeah mines nipping a few things already....just feeling out the tank

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
copperkills link said:
Yeah mines nipping a few things already....just feeling out the tank

mine took a liking to acans and sps.. no real issues with it biting the sps but polyp extension suffered because of it.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
chrisstevens link said:
I also picked one up when they came in

Bluewater in sarnia has a nice fish trap if he turns evil

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Duke link said:
[quote author=chrisstevens link=topic=6604.msg67432#msg67432 date=1384023825]

[/quote]you are so negative duke lol

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Big_Als_London link said:
[quote author=Duke link=topic=6604.msg67436#msg67436 date=1384026874]
[quote author=chrisstevens link=topic=6604.msg67432#msg67432 date=1384023825]

[/quote]you are so negative duke lol
[/quote]

I am aren't I.. sorry, my angels were really frustrating for me so I guess im still upset about it.. I would flick the glass everytime one would bite an acro or something thinking they would learn to leave them alone.. sadly they didn't, hopefully someone took that one at your shop and gave it a good home tho, nice fish for a fish only tank.