Float valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Ok I grasp the concept of how it works and what I need. Prob is I don't have a glass hole saw and I don't wanna try drilling my 55 gallon sump and risk breaking it.  I wanna install a simple float valve in my sump so my ro will auto top up instead of me waiting for the eater to drop and manually fill it. Problem is I can't find a good cheap one and I can't figure out how to install it as I will have to hang it off the sump. I know jl sells an already set up kit for it for 35$ pkus s/h I just don't wanna pay or wait lol. I'm impatient... Does anyone know where I can buy a float valve in Windsor that will suit my needs and how I can fabricate somethinf to mount it? I'm hoping someone has done this already.... Help

P

phi delt reefer

get a piece of acrylic - 1/8" 12"x12" peice at home depot is $2.50

cut it in half

drill a hole in the centre. Mount the float valve

diagonally silicone into a corner of the tank. Silicone usually doesnt bond well to acrylic but in this case it works fine - its not structural and it acts more like stopper.

done!

P1000633.jpg

P1000639.jpg

Blob-79

Super Active Member
ya your best bet is to make a bracket out of acrylic or something.

Word of caution though, its kinda dangerous plumbing your ro unit directly to your sump. if the float malfunctions, its on constant fill mode, will overflow your sump and begin drastically reducing you salinity.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Where would I find that one pulp? Also, what makes tag one diff from a standard float valve. Phil del where did u buy your float valve I'm having trouble locating one

P

phi delt reefer

mine came with my RO unit from MAXWATER in Orillia.

check the water supply (water depot, culligans, etc.) that sell RO units and ask them if they have an float  valves for the autoshut-off function.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
My ro unit has an auto shut off valve in line with it that shuts off the waste water but that's it. I found one at lowes but I can't see this thing being any good. It's for a dehumidifier and it's not a ball it's more like a lever. But it's not solid. I dunno... Gonna keep looking

Status
Not open for further replies.