Fluconazole Treatment

harleymike

Super Active Member
I had Bryopsis and GHA in my two tanks.
I found discussion about this Fluconazole treatment.

Decided to try it. Within 7 days my Bryopsis Algae was completely gone.
Now its been 13 days total and 95% of GHA is gone.
My larger tank had a fair big or GHA. Im going to let it run for a total of 21 days then probably do water changes and put carbon and the other equipment back on line. What ever is left I think the CUC should take care of.

For the price of it, and how well it works. If i get any more Algae outbreaks i will just dose this again.

This stuff works, and it did not affect any other aspect of either of my tanks.
I did not use a skimmer, Carbon, during treatment. I did continue to us GFO.

Thanks to Big Show Frags for stocking the Fluconazole and they package it as your instructions.

Josh

i used it and it worked absolutely perfect. I got a feeling there may have been more to your friends case. Make sure you add an oxygen stone.

1 of those reviews is mine, and it was back in oct 2017 and i have not seen a drop of gha or bryopsis since then.

Josh

From what i read and dont quote me on this its an anti fungal medication originally developed for yeast infections. It somehow attacks the outta membrane of the algae and causes it to lose its ability to absorb nutrients and thats what causes the die off. It causes skimmers to overflow tho so be careful. had 0 effect on my coral i did not lose a single coral.