Fluorescent Proteins

Mitchellb

We all are in awe over the colors off some corals under our actinics but lets take it 1 step further and dive into photographing fluorescent proteins in some corals. Something the naked eye can't see. Through a combination of a filter over the flash and another filter over the lens a new world of interesting colours and patterns can be seen.

IHI_0556.jpg
IHI_0679.jpg
IHI_3214.jpg

Mitchellb

Thanks. All of these images were taken with a 60mm macro. I haven't done any aquarium shooting with the 150 yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchellb

Wow, that looks incredible! I would love more information about the techniques you used to capture those photos.
No joke....Ive forgotten how. Now that I'm back in the hobby I'll be re learning the technique and I will share any details. I don't keep secrets. All I remember is its a yellow filter over the flash and a blue filter on the lens...exposure details I'm going to have to pick up again.
IHI_0759.jpg

IHI_3198.jpg

IHI_3877.jpg

amazing website... especially the firefighter section... and the funeral section....had a family member (firefighter) loose his life in a California forest fire a few years back.... not many people think of these guys till they need them thank you