fragging mushrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seggsy

What I have heard works good is:
- use sharp scissors and cut the head off as far down the base as possible
- cut into pie shaped pieces - best if you can get a piece of the mouth in each frag
- put in a container with rubble/crushed coral in a low flow area for a week or so until they attach to something

I have a couple of shrooms on a small piece of live rock - I just tried this a couple of weeks ago to test - just took out the rock and used a sharp knife to slice the shrooms in 1/2 (through the mouth).  Doesn't make 'frags', but does double the number of shrooms.  In my tank, takes about a week or so to fully heal.  I've only tried 2 shrooms twice, but it has worked both times.

Let us know how it goes!  I might try that first technique tonight for fun on some different ones.

V

vander45

i just fragged my first mushroom. i did it to my large red one and cut it into four. it looks like i got a piece of mouth on each piece. they are in a little container in the bottom of my tank with crushed coral. i will update in a couple days.

daleomilla

you can put in a blender it works better if you have a bunch and dont run the blender long just no and off then dump in the tank you will have them all over when they grow.

daleomilla

that wont work if you want to frag an anemone you cut with a knife and you cut so you have some of the mouth and foot I have seen 1 cut into 4 and they all lived you can see it done.you can look on the net just type in how to frag anemones.

Status
Not open for further replies.