Ghl Or Apex

Kelso

Looking to make a jump to the automated world looking for input on going to with ghl or apex with trident will be adding dosing system as well what is everyone’s thoughts and opinions and what are you using

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
My apex classics have been very reliable for 6 or 7 years now but if you can afford it GHL is probably better.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I was all for Apex but then I tried GHL and it has me hooked. They have their own tester coming out soon called the ION Director. I personally run a GHL Profilux 4 with 2 powerbar 5.1, KH Director and 2 Doser 2.1. They each have their own pros and cons. Most people go to Apex because it is the US brand and they really push and advertise their system.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I'm still an apex user, although I'm not totally sold on their build quality or longevity, I'm on my second control pad, and I had to buy a second complete setup when the first started acting up. Now that said I automated probably more than 10 years ago, and it has saved me from probably multiple crashes....

I'm not sure if I would make the jump to GHL, but if their build quality justifies the price then it could be a good option.