GHL profilux controller email set up

TessG

Hello,
Does any body knows how to set up email notification from my GHL controller to my iPhone? A step by step tutorial guide? I can only send once, but when I tried to put the time each day I wanted the information on salinity, PH and temperature, it doesn't send me the emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Emails are great, but you can download the Profilux App and see your parameters at your own convenience. 

TessG

I did download the app, but it can only be viewed inside my unit, once I came out from my room it cannot connect anymore, that is the GHL apps.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
U need to set it up on a DNS so you can access it from anywhere. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
not really much to do with DNS servers.. dns servers resolve URL to IP addresses so you can visit webpages without typing in just an IP address.

what you need to do is setup port forwarding so your profilux is accessible outside your local network, its all in your router settings.
i dont own one but it shouldn't matter, heres someone giving you basic instructions, searching google for "how to setup port forewarding on (specific router model name)" should fill in the blanks for you.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/blog.php?b=343