Glass Cutting

iantower

Yeah I got the bits there, actually they're on sale right now, 2 1/2" for $8... but no drill guide there, or anywhere that I've looked in Sarnia.

curiousphil

Super Active Member
If you're ever in London - I have that exact drill guide and you'd be welcome to borrow it.  I won't be using it again any time soon!

Worked great for me once I removed the springs - if you do end up getting one of your own I would recommend doing that as well.  Made it so that I can just let the weight of the drill do the work instead of continually pushing, which caused me some drift on the first two holes I did.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
iantower link said:
Yeah I got the bits there, actually they're on sale right now, 2 1/2\" for $8... but no drill guide there, or anywhere that I've looked in Sarnia.

Just drill the same size hike in a price of wood and tape it down on the tank. There's you're guide ;) alls U need is the bit a drill and some wood and water

iantower

Just saw someone on youtube do it that way actually and seemed to work well, so I think I'll try that route out first... on a useless 10gal lol.
Thanks for the offer phil,

Thanks guys!

reeffreak

Super Active Member
iantower link said:
Just saw someone on youtube do it that way actually and seemed to work well, so I think I'll try that route out first... on a useless 10gal lol.
Thanks for the offer phil,

Thanks guys!

I've done 6 tanks like that not issues at all, don't press hard go lightly

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
reeffreak link said:
[quote author=iantower link=topic=6205.msg59778#msg59778 date=1378236174]
Yeah I got the bits there, actually they're on sale right now, 2 1/2\" for $8... but no drill guide there, or anywhere that I've looked in Sarnia.
reeffreak link said:
[quote author=iantower link=topic=6205.msg59778#msg59778 date=1378236174]

Just drill the same size hike in a price of wood and tape it down on the tank. There's you're guide ;) alls U need is the bit a drill and some wood and water
[/quote]

[/quote]

cardboard works to