Good lights for coral

NickMyatt

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have some good recommendations for lights that are good for keeping and growing coral? I have a 29 gallon tank and Id love to get some coral soon!

Sasha T

Website
www.instagram.com
"Good" will mean different things to different people. Someone keeping excellent water quality will have more success with average lights as opposed to someone with top of the line lights but so-so water quality, and someone trying to grow LPS will have a different set of priorities and water values than someone growing SPS or mixed.

For water and light, softies (xenia, polyp, leather, zoa, paly) are the least demanding, then LPS (duncans, hammer/torch/'spawn, lobophylia) then SPS (monti, milli, anacro, acro)

My recommendation would be to choose what you want to grow, then look for tanks that are growing it and ask/figure out what lights are being used.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I would personally would think what my budget is and go from there , I’ve seen Chinese black box lights do work well , but i like hydras and radions , but again more expensive and yes probably the better lights on the market , but @Sasha T has great points

Cliff

Everything in my tank has been grown with t5 and cheap sb reef lights
IMG_3372.png

Attachments

• IMG_8825.jpeg
    IMG_8825.jpeg
    901.4 KB · Views: 59