Good Ole' Cryptocaryon (ich) And Qt

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
After doing even more reading today, im very convinced this stuff will work.

I had a planned trip to go fish shopping this Saturday, OCT 1st in TO.

I was going to postpone that, but think i will go ahead with it.

Introduce the new fish right into the display, make sure they are settled in and eating, then hit the whole system with CP.

All my research indicates it doesnt bind to rocks or sand, and its easily removed via carbon, light, etc.

This will ensure my new system is ich free (plus a host of other diseases free) and any new fish will go through a much smaller, automatic CP quarentine.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I agree although of course don't over do it on fish additions all at once with young system....

It is very possible to have an ich free system contrary to what some people will try to tell you.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I agree although of course don't over do it on fish additions all at once with young system....

It is very possible to have an ich free system contrary to what some people will try to tell you.

What do you think is too much?
Couple clowns and a couple wrasse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
You have lots of water volume...as long as you're stocking with small fish to grow out you could add a few easily or even a bunch of little chromis and clowns. I would leave the wrasses and bottom dwellers until later... the shy ones will need to depend on fauna in The substrate to supplement their diets for a while and more aggressive wrasses need to be late or last additions....

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
You have lots of water volume...as long as you're stocking with small fish to grow out you could add a few easily or even a bunch of little chromis and clowns. I would leave the wrasses and bottom dwellers until later... the shy ones will need to depend on fauna in The substrate to supplement their diets for a while and more aggressive wrasses need to be late or last additions....
Thats a good point.

I never typically go for the shy fish, even in stores, i like the ones swimming around begging for food. ( i always ask to see them eating as well)

Ill keep my options open as i shop saturday.
I actually feel much more comfortable knowing im going to treat all the fish anyways.

Gonna do a hockey hall of fame visit and lunch date with my wife before hitting the stores and coming home.