Good Stores in Toronto

Jewel

MJC? There are some good stores in Vaughn as well, I think if you hit the stores on Dundas then swing by ORG, I think you'll have lots of choices but like I said before I would look for members sales first.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Thmh link said:
[quote author=Jewel link=topic=5533.msg57823#msg57823 date=1376188542]
MJC?
MadJellyCorals :)) we are a small operating that's 15-20mins away from the Dundas strip.
~Tony
[/quote]

Strip whaaaa

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Thmh link said:
MJC?
MadJellyCorals :)) we are a small operating that's 15-20mins away from the Dundas strip.
~Tony
[/quote]

Tony,

Do you guys allow people to come by in person? Or is it strictly website?

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Reef Hero link said:
[quote author=Thmh link=topic=5533.msg57825#msg57825 date=1376190195]
MJC?
~Tony
[/quote]

Tony,

[/quote]

You have to pay an admission fee.

Ha ha ha ha, j/k.

Thmh

Website Affiliate
Reef Hero link said:
[quote author=Thmh link=topic=5533.msg57825#msg57825 date=1376190195]
MJC?
~Tony
[/quote]

Tony,

[/quote]
We welcome any one who wants to buy coral to come check us out in person.  Just schedule a visit:)

~Tony

theyangman

Distinguished Member
They have a small back corner dedicated to salt.

Neat selection of fish, but I sure as heck wouldn't go out of my way to ever go back there. They do have sliding doors as you enter though if I recall. Ha ha ha ha.

Make sure you hit 16 Kennedy road SOUTH. It used to say north on their website, luckily the street that splits north / south is within a block. I had a hell of a time finding it the first time I went.

Corals were seriously lacking. They have a small island in the middle of the salt area with corals in it. Nothing spectacular.

That is one thing I find with all of the big al's stores, corals usually are not that great, but fish selection isn't bad. That is to be expected though. Big Al's is a huge chain, they need to move volume, and volume is going to be more of the bread and butter items and leave the crazier, more specialized corals and fish to the specialty stores. I bet over 50% of their customers are moms and dads buying their kids crappy little guppies, or other easy (and cheap) fresh water fish with small to medium tanks. (50 gallons and under)

T

tishrisha

The coral reef shop is so clean and has so much selection! The guy who is there is also very helpful and nice. Another amazing store that's a bit out of the way is aquarium by design in Waterloo. They have really cheap frags and fish! Very clean store too!