Gorilla Super Glue

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Is gorilla super glue reef safe? I want to glue a small rock to a bigger rock near the bottom of my tank, and have absolutely no desire to haul it out to do it!
ea1e094a1c6ea09d4e092c230be3fcae.jpg
f56ec5103c29797b17c4c57d814f786d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kapelan

this one probably will not work, you will need the same but gel.
Also it is acrylic based glue, means fragile.
For heavy staff better to use something else.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
You went back to saltwater?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Yessir. About 8 years ago when I had a 135g cichlid tank, it seemed there was always interesting/unique cichlids available on kijiji. Tank looked great with so much variety.
ff2c79c6b130f908d46e71265c10997e.jpg

That no longer appears to be the case. Seems only boring, super common cichlids are all that are up for offer these days. So, back to salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh

Yessir. About 8 years ago when I had a 135g cichlid tank, it seemed there was always interesting/unique cichlids available on kijiji. Tank looked great with so much variety.
That no longer appears to be the case. Seems only boring, super common cichlids are all that are up for offer these days. So, back to salt.

I called er quits on cichlids for the exact same reason, it drove me towards salt and i havent looked back. When cichlids are good though they are GOOD.

Koi Valley

Inactive Since Crash
I want to glue some rock pieces to the back glass of my tank.
Will this Gorilla Super gel glue work better than frag glue?

cica

Frag glue and the Gorilla Super gel glue are pretty much the same.
I don't think either one will hold the rock to the glass safely for longer time. Eventually the rock will fall off. For that purpose I would use silicone but the tank has to be empty until the silicone cures properly.