Great Community!

Kjmsmith

Hi all,
I've recently discovered this community although I've been in the reef hobby for about 5 years. Currently have a 90g, not drilled (I know, I know:)), so canister filter Fluval F5, Octopus HOT 1000, 2 48" Marineland Reef Capable LED lights. Stocked with ~90lbs LR and typical corals ie green star polyp, mushroom, toadstool, colt, several euphyllia - hammer, torch, frogspawn. For livestock I have 2 ocellaris hosting in BTA, yellow tail damsel, mandarin dragonet, fox face rabbitfish, regal blue tang and 2 benggai cardinals. The benggai's have produced 3 clutches of fry and through trial and error I am now raising 8 tank bred benggai's. I will share my experience with this process in the proper forum area.
Anyways, glad to find this site and look forward to learning and sharing!

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Welcome to the forum. .. your correct... thus is a great community. Welcome aboard.

Dingets

Welcome..... does that mean you're gonna be looking to sell some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kjmsmith

Welcome..... does that mean you're gonna be looking to sell some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just posted an update to the banggai story in the Breeding section. I have one fry that is 3.5 months old and eating frozen mysis that is probably ready to go to a new home anytime, although I admit it will tough to let my first go! The other 7 have a ways to go to ensure survivability but I have no room to start housing a banggai farm so yes, I will be selling them at some point to fellow reefers who can guarantee a good home :)

Kman

Super Active Member
Welcome. Any pictures of before mentions adventures?

Kjmsmith

So I understand posting pics is a standard expectation when joining this forum...love it! So here are 2 snapshots of my current DT:

RenderedContent-7082EA45-23ED-4877-9717-F6C8E8712CE7.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

And here is my breeding tank connected to the DT:

RenderedContent-7F02A396-F1D2-448D-9082-8D317F6A0E64.JPG

heath

Distinguished Member
wow, beautiful tank and love the fry... see sometimes you don't need all the fancy equipment, that's what I love about this hobby...
Welcome to the site....:)