great day Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff.l

davesolo29 link said:
i agree...  i was involved in the kitchener club.  on the BOD, involved in all the meetings, fund raisers, etc.
it gets to a point where the fun part of the hobby is lost.

an anual get together or a meet and greet is one thing,  but more than that is too much.

I can attest to that!!!

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I don't want to impose but I vote for ricks house again.. It couldn't be setup better..

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Big_Als_London link=topic=4344.msg40209#msg40209 date=1360538702]
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4344.msg40208#msg40208 date=1360538574]
We could do it here, doorprize is a free cat.
and teeth marks in your arm?
[/quote]

Nah, I'm not a leafs fan

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/02/10/did-the-maple-leafs-mikhail-grabovski-bite-habs-max-pacioretty-nhl-schedules-hearing-into-alleged-chomp/
[/quote]Ha good one lol. I would say that I am pretty sure he did bite him. Unless the guy is the best actor out there in which case he should be up for an oscar.

Jewel

I don't have any frags to trade, can I buy some? I'm sure Rick might have some for sale, so we aren't talking a snow bbq are we LOL

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
Oh Rick's gotta do it, that's a given, this is sort of an interim swap.  Hard to wait a whole year sometimes.

ok then for the secondary swap i vote your house.. can we have a frag/keg swap/party?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
great day Sat

Hmm but what's the best location? I think the majority of our members are London/sarnia...

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Big_Als_London link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4344.msg40210#msg40210 date=1360538786]
[quote author=Big_Als_London link=topic=4344.msg40209#msg40209 date=1360538702]
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4344.msg40208#msg40208 date=1360538574]
We could do it here, doorprize is a free cat.
and teeth marks in your arm?
[/quote]

Nah, I'm not a leafs fan

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/02/10/did-the-maple-leafs-mikhail-grabovski-bite-habs-max-pacioretty-nhl-schedules-hearing-into-alleged-chomp/
[/quote]Ha good one lol. I would say that I am pretty sure he did bite him. Unless the guy is the best actor out there in which case he should be up for an oscar.
[/quote]

they ripped him a new a$$hole today on tsn, pretty much called him the 'big baby of the league'.  Said "you stick your finger in his eye then go crying to the ref that he nipped you, THEN you say HE'S not a real man??".  As a boston fan, I was enjoying every minute of that game last night ;D ;D ;D ;D

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Duke link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4344.msg40216#msg40216 date=1360539648]
Oh Rick's gotta do it, that's a given, this is sort of an interim swap.  Hard to wait a whole year sometimes.

ok then for the secondary swap i vote your house.. can we have a frag/keg swap/party?
[/quote]

There's always a keg somewhere around here.  Bring your own water wings. 

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Davesolo
You don't happen to know Ryan and Char Brettmeyir? sp? great people, I believe he was president of the Kitchener club at one time. A trip down memory lane LOL  I'm going back almost 15 - 20 years I'd say. Small world, yes it is crazy, meet and greets are much simpler !

davesolo29 link said:
i agree...  i was involved in the kitchener club.  on the BOD, involved in all the meetings, fund raisers, etc.
it gets to a point where the fun part of the hobby is lost.

an anual get together or a meet and greet is one thing,  but more than that is too much.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
ricklalonde link said:
A spring swap!!!!!..... I would be willing to help out if it was near the London area.....if I had a sweet shop I would even think about hosting one..... I wonder what it would cost to rent a hall.....how many ppl would come out?

I like the idea of renting a hall, but at this point I think you would get 20 people, and not -really- worth it. 

Renting a hall is only going to cost $100-200 that's only 20-40 people at $5/person. We had close to 40-45 people show up to the one at my place and I'm way out in the boonies. If someone were to host one in London I think you could easily get 60+ come out.

Hopefully we can eventually get enough serious people to attract michigan sellers :)

I would love to eventually have swaps like they do in Michigan.

I think the key is to start small and work our way up. Small successful swaps to get hobbyists/venders used to the idea before attempting to organize something like the big one in Lansing, MI. We get caught in a catch 22  because people don't know what to expect. Venders will only show up if they know that there will be hobbyists there to purchase their goods, hobbyists only want to go if they know that there will be venders there to sell them goods.
there is another swap in michigan at ann arbor the 4 th of march ..looks like pretty the same vendors that where at the lansing swap

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
great day Sat

I started a new thread......
Ok cool salty.....I have been googling and got a couple numbers to call tomorrow haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Re: great day Sat

Reef Hero link said:
I started a new thread......
Ok cool salty.....I have been googling and got a couple numbers to call tomorrow haha

shit so did I.  Can the mods merge it? 

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
great day Sat

LOL I hope so......I was kind of hoping they could move a lot of the discussion actually....

davesolo29

Super Active Member
sunnykita link said:
Davesolo
You don't happen to know Ryan and Char Brettmeyir? sp? great people, I believe he was president of the Kitchener club at one time. A trip down memory lane LOL  I'm going back almost 15 - 20 years I'd say. Small world, yes it is crazy, meet and greets are much simpler !

Yup... I know Rein,  hes still at all the meetings.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
a small world isn't it? I met a lot of great people in the era of the fish clubs and shows, kinda cool that you know him !

davesolo29 link said:
[quote author=sunnykita link=topic=4344.msg40257#msg40257 date=1360563266]
Davesolo

Yup... I know Rein,  hes still at all the meetings.
[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.