Green Bubble coral doesn't look well

puks

Green Bubble coral is the only coral in my tank that doesn't look well. All water parameters are fine and I do water change once per week.

puks

I'd like to clarify. I don't feed separately each coral. Every day I introduce a frozen food and twice a week Phytoplex and Oyster Feast. I think it should be sufficient and all other corals feel good. This coral was fine for a several months. Don't know if it's important or not: the rock it's located on is the only one that has kind of moss.

Boga

OK. My bubble coral was not ready during the day for feeding. It was ready (tentacles out) after lights out.

In your case, if it does not get better after this move, I would try spot feeding with a turkey baster, when you see tentacles comming out for food.

puks

Thanks Boga. It makes sense. I'll see couple days and try to feed after lights out.

Boga

I don't think that the green algae on the rock would affect the coral. It looks like hairy algae to me. Does your foxface eat that algae? Trying to make connections. Maybe the bubble got stung by the fish's spines?

Do you have any other fish, shrimps or crabs?

puks

Didn't see the foxface or any other fish eats the coral or this algae. Foxface doesn't swim in the place I put the coral. Will see if it help. Foxface was introduced at the same time as the coral and I didn't see any problems for several month.

I have:
- Foxface
- 2 clawns
- Royal gramma
- Yellow Watchman Goby
- Peppermint and cleaner shrimps
- Golden Coral Banded Shrimp
- Red leg hermit crabs
- Tiger Pistol shrimp
- Nassarius snails
- Astraea snails
- Anemone crab
- Conch

Couple weeks ago I saw during 2-3 days the red leg crab on it.

Boga

Quite collection of shrimps you have there :)

I would suggest, if you can, to check the coral during the night, so you can see if anything else is bothering it. If you have a sump or refugium, I would move the hermits (for a while), just to take this variable out.

I hope it will get better.

KBennett

When you do target feed it, you'll have to distract the shrimps with food.  Otherwise, they'll steal it from the coral.