Status
Not open for further replies.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I notice these while doing a water change in the baffles of my sump. Not seen them in my DT at this time. The only change to my tank for the last few months has been upgrading my skimmer, vodka dosing and water changes. What are they? Recommended way to rid them if they are a foe?

C

Cal_stir

pretty sure they are a type of sponge, harmless, had them for a while when tank was new, went away on their own.
still get the odd one in the sump

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
So foe then, thank freaking god. I was scared there for a bit as everything else is finally coming together with levels etc. There are about a dozen or more in that baffle, hopefully all is good. They do look like little tubes with an opening, they do not appear to be moving at all.

F

Fraggle Rock

The one in the first pic look more like a pineapple sponge to me. But its hard to tell from the pic, I always seem to get them when my nutrients are high.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
There is no crown at the top of these. I looked at the 2 sponges to compair, and it is closer to the glassy. Open to other suggestions to look up. My camera is obviously not top of the line to get a good pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.