Hand Washing

Canadianeh

When you guys work on your tank, do you guys wash your hands first? Many people uses body lotion or hand lotion in daily basis, and I would like to know what sort of preparation do you guys do before working on your tank if you need to put your hands into the tank.

Thanks

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
After a long day at work, with greasy, oily, dirty hands, if I need to do something in the tank before I shower up I use 'Worx Biodegradable hand cleaner', doesn't add any phosphates to the tank, environmentally friendly, all the good stuff, cleans yours hands amazingly , and doesn't ruff them up like some other gritty hand cleaners do..

Nick James

I wash my hands with anti bacterial soap often and always rinse well before working on the tank. If I have dirty jobs on the agenda it's tank first or wait till tomorrow.

I also stopped wearing cologne and don't use any hand cream, etc since I started back.. Maybe over the top but whatever...

Nighthawk26

Kyle1970

I love reaching to the bottom of the tank.... just a bit too deep for my gloves. Causes the gloves to fill with water that then pours out onto the floor when I lift my arm out of the tank.

If I notice grease, oil etc. under nails, I won't work in the tank.
IF I have to, soap and water, then rinse well.

If you get the gloves, make sure to rinse and hang to dry after use. My old ones must have had something on them. Put them into the tank and I had the skimmer going nuts for hours.

Joshbrookkate

I have full length gloves (reef love?) but never use them.
I always wash my hands well with no soap before putting hands in the tank.
I stopped using hand lotion months ago. For a 65 year old woman, THAT is reef love.

Pipes

TSC stores should carry vet gloves. They are arm length, and not very thick. Actually they are disposable. Not sure of price though.