Happy Days

heath

Distinguished Member
well, the pony tank has been painted, 2nd coat will be done tonite then it will sit for a few days to cure... hoping to have water in it by the middle of next week... will keep everyone up to date...
I will post before and after pictures once the painting is finished, by the way it is turning out BEAUTIFUL...

heath

Distinguished Member
here are pictures of the before and after I painted the tank...

Attachments

• HPIM1111.JPG
    HPIM1111.JPG
    328.6 KB · Views: 91
  • HPIM1113.JPG
    HPIM1113.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 96

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Looks like things are coming together nicely! Did you decide to keep the partition in the back of the tank and stay "all in one" or go with the sump? The stand looks good.

heath

Distinguished Member
thank you, and yes, it is finally coming together...I decided to keep the tank the way it is... I am adding an ato to avoid any swings in the water..I could be changing the return pump for a bigger one but right now going to see how it works, its rated for 2000l/phr which if I remember my math that's well over 400 gal/phr which I think is a good return rate, what do you think...I have read and researched so much information and probly forgotten a lot of it, do they like low flow or medium flow...

heath

Distinguished Member
well day 3 of the tank, it has cleared nicely... I added about a 2" substrate bed, the plan is to add a couple of sandsifting star fish for help with cu.. there will also be a couple of small to med rocks with mushrooms on them and a piece of driftwood that has been in sw tanks for years that will form a bridge.. lots of places for the ponies to hang out and attach to...

Attachments

• HPIM1116.JPG
    HPIM1116.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 64