Has Anyone Seen This Before

vdubz

Myself and others on TFT are using Bacto Reef Balls on our established systems as an added control. Seems to be working for us, in terms of stability and clarity... May not be the snake oil your looking for, but it has worked for others.

shamous113

Thanks, I haven't given it much thought since the tank cycled. Are you saying I should bump things up again? I have Microbacter 7 and Fast Start available.
I think its worth a shot at this point, it sounds very similar to a number of threads on reefcentral. it seems like the slime is one strain of bacteria that out competes the ones we want in our tank. I started using the bacto reef balls on my system and I'm liking what I see, I could give you some next week to try out I work in Waterloo.

Phil

I think its worth a shot at this point, it sounds very similar to a number of threads on reefcentral. it seems like the slime is one strain of bacteria that out competes the ones we want in our tank. I started using the bacto reef balls on my system and I'm liking what I see, I could give you some next week to try out I work in Waterloo.

Thank you shamous113, I have not heard of these before. Let me do some research first please.