Heater topics

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I’m curious what all you guys use ? I may be wanting to get a back up one for mine as I know it’s probably 3-4 years old.

Anyone hear of this one ?

please give any options and share experience with heaters you’ve tried or swear by !
6BA49754-9270-44A6-8967-8D422035E897.png

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I’m curious what all you guys use ? I may be wanting to get a back up one for mine as I know it’s probably 3-4 years old.

Anyone hear of this one ?

please give any options and share experience with heaters you’ve tried or swear by ! View attachment 24128
Haven't heard anything bad myself. Just remember that you also need a heater controller like an Inkbird. The 800w version of this is risky using on an Apex or controller as I think it is on the max size of the outlets specifications.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Yeah I’ve personally like the idea of 2 heaters that are like 300-500 wats , so they don’t work as hard , but I just randomly took that for reference! But it was more about the brand

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
I use hot water (gas), it will cost more upfront, @ $400, but will save in the long run. dropped my hydro bill @ $40 a month. Been using it for about 3 years now.

Moh

Ive had one of those(500w) for several years worked well, but as mentioned previously for “any” heater you should have a separate primary controller and use the apex as a monitor/shutoff in the event the heater or primary heater controller fails, reason being heaters have a high current draw and cycle on/off numerous times,if using the apex as the only controller the particular heater outlet/relay may fail sooner than one will imagine because of those factors.and to the point someone made before … anything that uses electricity to generate heat does make ur electricity bill go up… lol

Jason Bell

I have 2 of the 500w units with a controller then as a backup controlled on the Apex. I just purchased another 2 units as I swap them out every so often to clean etc. Also a spare controller.....think I have a spare of everything now.

Moh

Recently i was looking into the whole heater business and got so paranoid i went n purchased an IM Helio 2x200w… i do like it bit too expensive …. But if it means i dont have to change heating element or controller anytime soon… i will say it works out… also its”smart”…. The number of “smart”equipment available makes me feel a bit dumb

Eggboy

I use the 300 watt version of this one along with an Inkbird on my 60 cube for 2 years now , no issues , was the smallest one I could find to fit in my sump at the time

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I’ll be honest I’m still using 1 single jager 300wat for my 120 + 40 gal sump honestly works great (may be 3-5 years old) if moneys tight what would you guys recommend?

I have a laser heat gun I check and tank sits at a good temperature